At the conclusion of the Period of their Training, the Trainees shall be able to perform the following skills:-
- Simple joining, drawing and bending.
- Carry out the necessary steps for charging secondary batteries individually, installation and grouping of batteries, care and maintenance of batteries.
- Simple heat-treating operations like hardening, tempering and annealing.
- Simple square container, round container with wired edge and fit handle.
- Rivet lap and butt joint, Butt and fillet welds- gas and arc. Gas cutting.
- Chucking, centering, plain turning, taper turning, boring and thread cutting.
- Precision marking, fit contours and geometrical figures and make male and female parts.
- Drill holes, counter bore and spot face.
- Sharpen drill-bits. Use height and depth gauge, micrometer and vernir calipers to an accuracy of 1/1000/100 mm.
- Markup, punching, cutting, chipping and file jobs as per blue prints and able to finish an accuracy of 0.003”/0.08mm.
- Operate a bench drill and to drill ream holes. Use of taps and dies.
- File to an accuracy of ± 0.04 mm on flat surfaces and on angular surfaces ± 5 minutes.
- Drill and ream to ± 0.04 mm. Fit dowel pin, studs, bolts and dovetailed sides etc.
- Use of sine bar and slip gauges, inspect angles to ± 1 minute.
- Remetal, scrap and assemble bearings.
- Carry out simple plumbing assembly.
- Make simple Jigs and fixtures.
- Mark male and female parts of regular contours including tongue and groove, dovetailed slide to and accuracy of ± 0.04 mm.
- Dismantle and assemble simple machine parts and accessories.
- Repair broken gear tooth.
- Make simple drilling jig.
- Erect machine.